The Similarities between network marketing and fishing
Casting out my bait from the rocky shoreline into icy Lake Superior
was a big thrill, I was excited at the prospect of catching a big fish. I mean after all I was fishing the biggest fresh water lake, it had to be full of big fish, right? I was looking forward to reeling in a big fish and then sharing my triumph with my family. I stood there alone, enjoying the beauty and that is when it happened. I caught one, I had a fish on my line and I had a fight on my hands as I reeled it in. I got it in and then guess what happened? Nothing. I froze like a deer in the headlights when I caught the fish, I had no stinking clue what to do once I got it to shore. I had to run and get help from my family to help me finish the job. Here is a photo of me once my family came to my rescue (don’t judge the high hair and bad style, this was in the 80′s).
Little did I know the things I learned fishing that day would parallel network marketing so closely.
- You need to have the right lure to catch the right fish.
In network marketing you need to have the right lure to get prospects. You need to target your opt-ins, marketing and offers to get the attention of the people who will be most interested in your business.
- In a big lake you will have some big fish and some little fish. You just need to keep fishing to catch the big one. In the big sea of network marketing prospects there are people who will come in and do well and others that will come in and do nothing. To get the “big fish” who will do big things you just have to keep “fishing”.
- You can be prepared but sometimes the best way to learn is to start fishing and learn as you go. In network marketing it is easy to get stuck in learning mode and get prepared for all the situations you might encounter. A more effective way to build your business is jump in and learn as you go.
- Once you catch a fish you need to know what to do next. You might be getting leads for your network marketing business but you have to know what to do when you get them.
- Sometimes you need a little help to bring in the fish. The power of network marketing is leverage and the power of a team building together. While you are an independent business owner as a network marketer sometimes you just need to ask for help to bring in the fish.
If you are a network marketer you can learn a lot from fishing, you just have to keep casting out your reel. You will have some that get away, you will catch some small fish, you will have some that put up a fight but it is all worth it because if you keep fishing you will eventually catch some big fish.
P.S. If you want to learn how to reel in more leads you have to see this training on how to get roughly 50 leads a day. Sign up, get it now free and start generating more leads for your business. Click here.
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Connect with me on Twitter - Angela_paige
Connect with me on Facebook - Angela Paige
Learn about working with our team - About our team
p.s. Want to learn to get more leads and sales? Check out this great video!