You’ve no doubt met these two of these characters before that will be detrimental to your business…
- The closed-minded, who are going to quit or never join, and probably never be happy no matter what you do. You don’t need to worry about them.
- The ones waiting, always waiting for something—for the kids to go back to school or the company to come out with the greatest product you’ve ever seen, etc. Let them wait; it’s their business.
There is a third kind of person who you really want to look for to bring into your business
Those who are ready, ready to work, and ready to go, right now. Those are the people you always want to be focused on.
These are are the people you never want to see leaving your business.
You need to put your focus and energy into those people
Many enthusiastic distributors sign up so many people, so quickly, that the “#3” people wind up neglected while precious time is wasted chasing after the “#1” and “#2” types.
See the problem, the misallocation of energy and focus?
When you have somebody who’s ready to go, you have to be there to go with them!
Focus on your potential producers!
Now, here’s the rub…
If you’ve got a lot of people in your group, how can you?
Because even using social media today, it’s difficult to keep up with everyone and everything.
One upside is that with the tools available today, you can create automation, which allows you to work with people in a group setting.
However, it doesn’t matter if you are working offline or online, or a combination of the two…
80% of production is always going to come from 20% of people.
And you MUST spend the majority of your time with those that are going to be responsible for the majority of the leadership and production in your team.
If you don’t have systems in place to work with the bulk of the people in a group setting, then you’re not going to have enough of YOU to make anything work.
Which brings us to…
The role of social media in building systems
Online groups—such as Google+ in the past, but more so Facebook now—are enabling people to build efficient systems for recruiting, building community, and helping people to get moving in their businesses.
You can create a Facebook group, for free, and invite people from all over the world to learn more about your business.
Here’s how a group can benefit your sales process:
- You could do a Facebook Live (or upload a prerecorded video) for everyone who joins your group
- Leaders in your group can be available to help new people and answer their questions
- You can add training resources and create a “library on demand”
- Your group could also be a mentor or peer on demand, creating a community where nobody feels alone
- You could announce an “all hands on deck,” if you need to do a time-sensitive update
- New people can bring their new people to get quick, 24/7 support
Those are just a few ways to leverage groups.
Plus, everyone is on Facebook these days, so you wouldn’t even have to ask someone to join—they’re already there; you just need to invite them to join your group.
It is a one-stop shop and it doesn’t get any easier.
But here is the thing…
There’s always the “human factor”
Because although it’s easy to do, it’s easier NOT to do.
Here’s what you need to watch out for…
People can become disposable, since there are so many people out there.
And although it is easier to engage people using social media, many people will tend to be left behind.
You need to guard against this.
Because to excel in network marketing is to…
Always remember it’s about people!
When you lose sight of people, which can happen when technology can bring so many people to you…
This can, in the long-term, be seriously detrimental to your business.
How can you be effective using technology…
…while still focusing on the fundamental processes that will continue to work?
The top earners in network marketing who have been successful for a long period of time, all do the same things.
- Follow a proven process
- Have a strategy
- Create community
- Leverage technology and people
- Focus their energy on people who are ready to go
- Inspire, listen, and give tremendously to the right people
- Know where to invest their time for maximum impact
- And, most importantly, they use their time wisely, because time is your greatest asset!
And on that note, my final tip relates to leveraging your time as productively as possible.
Over ten years ago, although I had a lot of success doing 1-on-1s, home meetings, and hotel meetings…
I found it extremely inefficient, and, not to mention…
Downright painful to introduce the business to negative friends, family and strangers I’d prospect!
Yet, by happenstance, I discovered a process to build my business online, which…
- Didn’t require me to talk to my friends and family EVER again about my business (unless they wanted me to)
- Allowed me to attend family events, social gatherings, and be out in public, without ever having to worry about prospecting anyone or walk around with a hidden agenda
- Attracted people from the cold market who were HIGHLY interested in speaking to me about my business
I found a more efficient channel, which I was able to successfully use to attract people to me everyday and have conversations with people whom were already interested in what I had, and were positive about the industry in general,
Don’t know about you, but I like when (interested) people reach out to me, instead of me having to reach out to (mostly disinterested) people.
Today, this process, known as “attraction marketing,” learn the exact steps to attract people to you with this FREE 10-Day Online Recruiting Course, which you can access by clicking here!
In this free course, you’ll learn the exact online business building processes my friend Ferny used to passively generate 300–500 leads per day, 30–50 customers per day, and recruit 70–100 new serious business builders into his business each month.
If you are motivated and driven, I know this could quite possibly be the thing that helps you have a breakthrough in your business (like it was in mine).
So if you’re ready to get started…
And if you found this content helpful, I would love to read your comments below!