10 Ways to Create Your Best Personal Brand
You are going to have the most success and create your best personal brand when you are genuine and true to yourself. When you work with your strengths and natural talents rather than work against them. When you go against the grain and fight to be someone your not or imitate someone else it is going to be much harder to create your best brand. As Judy Garland put it, “always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
When you fully understand yourself and your strengths and put those on the table you are going to attract people who like you and like what you have to offer. As you reveal your true self you are attracting people who find common ground with you and want to work with you, buy from you and interact with you.
Here is my list for staying true to yourself and creating your best personal brand:
1. Be Genuine Being authentic and genuine is so important for your brand. People can see through an act and tell when you are not being authentic.
2. Stay Consistent Stay consistent with the tone and feel of your brand. When you are writing try to stay consistent with your style and try to write how you would speak. Work to keep a similar look or feel all across your social media sites. This will help with your brand recognition and make it easier for people to recognize your brand in multiple locations.
3. Give Value Give as much valuable information that you can. What things do you know that would be valuable to others? As part of your brand share what you know and share the things that have helped you out. You will build respect and build your brand when you are giving people value.
4. Keep it Simple You don’t have to over complicate things to create a killer brand. The old acronym K.I.S.S. or “keep it simple stupid” is a good way to look at creating your brand. Be clear, consise and to the point and you will be much more effective than being long winded.
5. Work with your strengths and not against them If you are good at certain things focus on those strengths and use them to your advantage in building your brand. Don’t try and fight your natural abilities to be something you think you, “should be.”
6. Distinguish yourself The more you can distinguish your brand the better off you are going to be. What makes you different than your peers? Spend time finding out what others are doing and figure out how you can bring something different to the table.
7. Educate Yourself One of the best ways to build your value is through continuing education. Working on your personal development and spending time learning daily will greatly increase your knowledge and therefore increase the value of your brand.
8. Network Networking is an important part of creating your brand. You have a great opportunity to meet a variety of people when you are out there networking. Building relationships through networking you have the ability to represent yourself in a positive and memorable way. When you are networking with people don’t make promises you can’t keep. Be true to your word and help people when you can. One thing I can’t stress enough is to not spam people or lead any networking opportunity with a sales pitch. This is a quick way to turn people off and detract from your personal brand.
9. Add Your Personality Be yourself, let your personality shine through. You are not going to be every ones cup of tea no matter what. You can work tirelessly to try and cater to everyone but will find you are spinning your wheels. Be yourself and you will attract people to your brand who like you and like what you have to offer.
10. Be Approachable Being friendly and approachable will help build your brand. One small way I think you can represent yourself as friendly online is to use a nice photo of yourself where you are smiling. You seem much more approachable and less intimidating when you are smiling and look friendly and warm.
Be true to YOU: your strengths, your values, and the unique things that only you can add. When you do so you will be well on your way to creating a strong brand. I would love to hear other things you think are important for building your personal brand.
I always appreciate you sharing my posts with your friends on social media.
Connect with me on Twitter - Angela_paige
Connect with me on Facebook - Angela Paige
Learn about working with our team - About our team
p.s. Want to learn to get more leads and sales? Check out this great video!